Explore. Dream. Discover

Monday 10 June 2013

My First Trip To Liverpool

1) Albert Dock, 2) Lambananas, 3) Strawberry & Lime Kopperberg at MATOU, 4) Royal Liver Building from MATOU, 5) Lambretta in shop window, 6-8) Furniture shopping in John Lewis, 9) Gorgeous food mixer from Lakeland, 10) Lego VW Campervan, 11-12) beautiful architecture, 13) view of sunset from living room window, 14) Cumfy Bus

So my boyfriend Glenn and I were on holiday last week in my hometown of Telford and we travelled  up to Liverpool for a couple of days on Thursday to visit my sister and her boyfriend (Coral & Kev). Firstly I have to say I've never really been a fan of Liverpool (because of the scouse accent) and it's never really been on my list of places I want to visit but I have to say I'd assumed I wouldn't really enjoy it but I couldn't have been more WRONG.

Liverpool is actually a really beautiful city full of amazing architecture, history and Lambananas (don't worry I'm as confused as you are). Luckily while we were there the weather was beautiful so we were able to wander around the Albert Dock and get a nice tan at the same time. My sister decided to take us to the Tate Modern and we spent the whole time trying to figure out how any of it could be considered art (we are not fans of modern art if you hadn't guessed) then we strolled into the city centre which is essentially across the road from the docks and looked in a couple of shops before heading back to the flat for some dinner and a chill out evening.

The next day we spent the morning at Cheshire Oaks shopping before coming back to Liverpool in the afternoon. We went to MATOU which is a chinese restaurant and cocktail bar where we sat on the terrace with a drink and had a chat and I took some pictures of the Liver Building among others. Then we wandered into the centre and went to this amazing American/Canadian restaurant for some waffles and pancakes YUM. After the waffles Glenn & I wandered into the shopping centre to continue shopping and exploring, while my sister and her boyfriend went back to the flat for a nap.

While we were wandering around the city centre we came across Harvey Nichols which we went into and I have to say on entering I was surprised to find the staff still had thick scouse accents (posh shops need  posh accents lol) John Lewis so I demanded we go and have a look at the furniture and test all the chairs and sofas out, then we went to Lakeland where I bought some cute tea cup cake cases (I can't wait to use them) After leaving Lakeland we went into the Lego store and I have to say I've never wanted an entire stores worth of things before. I especially loved the Lego Campervan (pictured).

After spending a couple of hours in the centre we wandered back to the flat - and didn't get lost which was great - Once we got back to the flat we all chilled out for a bit before have dinner and relaxing with a glass of wine and The Voice.

So Saturday was Glenn's birthday and the day we were leaving the Pool so we had a nice breakfast with Coral and Kev before taking a picture of a cumfybus (I was determined to get one) then packing up the car and heading back to Cheshire Oaks to do some more shopping then heading back to Telford - my hometown - for the last couple of days of our holiday.

I wish we'd had more time in Liverpool because we really wanted to visit the Cathedral and museums but there's always next time.

Have you been to Liverpool? What did you think?

Paige x


No comments:

Post a Comment