Explore. Dream. Discover

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Holiday Summary: Beyond The Shire & Back Again


1) Old Woman in the Shoe 2) Old Man in the Crooked House 3) me with the Shropshire Giant 4) Off with your head Glenn 5) Alice in Wonderlands Caterpillar 6) WW2 Memorial 7) Royal Liver Building 8) Welcome to Cheshire Oaks 9) Big smiles with the Birthday boy 10) Birthday lunch 11) Birthday ice cream 12) Got me fascinator on 13) pick n mix in the Lindt shop 14) Attena at the top of the Wrekin 15) Reached the top of the Wrekin 16) the compass at the top of the Wrekin 17) Oreo & Vanilla Milkshakes and a Tequila Sunrise

So this is going to do exactly what it says on the tin and summarise mine & Glenn's holiday.

Me and my boyfriend went up to Telford to visit my family and friends as I haven't seen them since Christmas so it was really nice getting to see everyone again. I also took Glenn to a few places in Telford that me & my family loved going when I was younger, it was really nice to show him all these places and wander down memory lane. I particularly loved taking him to Wonderland and seeing all the fairy tales we all know and love (though we both think it could do with a lick of paint now) it was really nice (though it would probably have been better if we'd had a child with us as two adults going in without one did look a bit silly but what ever we enjoyed). But I have to say going to Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks were probably the best parts as I did a lot of shopping (there was Lindt pick & mix YUM!), see my Liverpool post here.

Saturday the 8th June was Glenn's birthday and we were having dinner at my Moms house and my Nan even baked him a chocolate cake (which was delicious). On Sunday we went for a walk up the Wrekin with my mom which was great - until I threw up at the halfway house - I was fine after so we carried on right to the top where we were greeted by beautiful 360 degree views of Shropshire so it was worth throwing up for. Then Sunday evening we went to the cinema with my little sister to watch The Hangover 3 but before that we went to this American style diner called Oscars for something to eat.

It was a great holiday I got to see my friends (some who have tiny babies now - broody doesn't quite cover it) and some who I haven't seen for a few years. It was great to catch up with everyone though I'm gutted there were some that I didn't get a chance to see. Hopefully next time I'll get to catch up with them though.

Have you been on any nice holidays recently?

Paige x

1 comment:

  1. http://thisischarley.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award-time-you-enjoy-wasting.html

    ReplyDelete